Thursday, October 7, 2010

Whats new with Julia

So since I didn't blog last month about Julia, I'm trying to think about all the new things she's been doing the past two months. She's now 14 months, and I guess the biggest thing is:
-She's walking! We knew she could totally do it, she's just such a chicken. Her first step was actually walking the whole length of our family room- she finally decided to show us her walking abilities one day. She still is a major chicken though- she totally can do it, but chooses mainly to crawl. Oh well, at least I know she can do it, right? (PS- I tried to upload the video of her walking like 5 times. Ughh. I'll try again later.)
-Another thing is, she has become OBSESSED with her dumb blanket. We have to take it EVERYWHERE or else she won't go to sleep, or even stop crying. I can thank my mom and my sister Melissa for that- they both said she needed a comfort item. She started sucking her thumb when she was like 2 or 3 months old, but now she has her blankie with her, it's become like a full time thing... oh great:)
-Her hair is finally getting long enough, where I can actually do something with it! It's normally just scraggly curly baby hair, but now I can actually put pig tails, or like a half up half down thang- so that's been nice.
-She loves mac n cheese. She'd eat it every day if I let her (must be an Eynon)
-Has become a big fan of her Bumbo seat. Wouldn't sit in it as an infant, but now it's become her own personal chair to watch t.v. in, eat a snack, get her hair combed, or just play with. Whatever floats her boat I guess...
-Weighs 25 pounds
-is absolutely hilarious to me.... but can also throw a fit like you've never seen! I never knew 2 teeth could hurt so bad.
I just love this girl. I love being a stay at home mom and waking up every day to play with her. It's serious the best thing ever...