Friday, October 1, 2010

Catch Up

So I feel like I'm falling behind- which is totally driving me nuts since this is my 1 form of journaling, so I have to at least try to stay current... so a quick update. This has been the craziest summer of my life! I literally have only been home for like 2 weeks since July 4th. (It's now Oct. 1st! What???) After California, my in-laws came to celebrate Julia's first birthday with her. We met them down in Orlando and had so much fun! We stayed in this super fun, super nice place, and Julia was for sure not the only one who got spoiled. Brian's dad and step-mom are always so amazing to us, and it meant SO MUCH to me that they came all this way to spend time with us, and their grand baby. Thank you guys! We love you so much an had a TOTAL BLAST and can't wait to see you in February.













































Okay so then a little bit after that, we got to see Brian's family again! It was his Grandpa's 80th birthday and the whole family was there to help "Bubba" celebrate his big day... It was so fun getting to know Brian's extended family better, and even meeting a few family members that I hadn't before. They are an awesome group of people, and I really hope we all get to see each other real soon. (Jenn's wedding maybe?:) I was also so excited because I LOVE American History, and I actually got to see a bunch of really neat sites (Ben Franklin grave, Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, etc.) and we even got a legit Philly Cheese steak at Pat's- I'm told it's better than Geno's, even though Geno's is the more famous one. This cheese steak did not disappoint. Overall, the trip gets an A+ (minus the hotel on our last night's stay... right Chelsea? My sister in law made her husband buy her a sleeping bag for the bed... haha)


























































After Pennsylvania, we went straight to Orlando for a conference Brian had there- we stayed at a beautiful hotel, went to Disney World, swam, ate good food... all for free. Rough life, huh? While I was there, I got a call from my sister saying she was driving to Florida with her family for the FSU vs. BYU football game. Brett had to go back home after the game, but she and the kids got to stay here for a week and a half! Our kids love being together, and so do Melissa and I- so of course we all had a total blast. Highlights were: the G'ville tourist stops (which lets be honest, aren't much. The bat house, campus, looking for gators- and scaring Tavin to death in the process, and Jamba Juice? But hey it was fun to us.) the beach, and our 3 day trip to Disney World. The kids were in heaven! It was seriously the most fun I've ever had there. Seeing Melissa and her kids leave was so hard.. I love their guts and already miss them so much. Already counting down the days until Christmas- thanks so much for coming out to spend time with us you guys! We love you!