So Liss convinced me to go to California last-minute this summer, and she is probably still regretting it! Haha! I felt so bad because I was absolutely no help. I took care of the baby, and she inherited a fourth child... a very dramatic, emotional one:) Still not very good at all the juggling 2 kid stuff- I felt like I was in the weeds most the time! Ha I felt so out of it I didn't even take a single picture- I had to steal all these from Melissa and Erica. It was still a lot of fun though, seeing family is the best- and Liss and I have fun together wherever. We also got to play with Chris and Randy and the kids, and Nat and Jeff a lot. We even got to see uncle Scott, aunt Chelsea and baby Henny a few times (I'm so sad I didn't take a picture though!) We also saw a bunch of friends and had them over for a big bbq... it's always so fun to see everyone. Makes me want to move home when I'm there sometimes:) I even got my hair done after my Napoleon Dynamite experience (where I got up from the dinner table one Sunday and went into the bathroom and started chopping it all off- it was just too friggin hot! I had been wearing it up ever since.) So glad it's all fixed now:)
Some other highlights in California:
-ummmm, Miguels and In-n-Out!
-watching the Olympics
-seeing Jules play with all her cousins is the absolute best
-Our fun-filled day at Knott's Berry Farm
-the beach
-The few girls nights we had with some of my favorite people ever:)
It wasn't the same without Mom and Dad there- we were missing them the whole time...
Our main reason for going to California though, was to go to my grandparents 70th anniversary party. 70 years! So Liss and I loaded up the van with our 5 babies and made the 10 hour drive up there (which really took us more like 13 haha.) It was well worth the effort though- getting to celebrate such a special couple who I love and admire so much, was really such an awesome thing.
Other highlights in Utah:
-Cutler's (oh the chocolate chip cookies!!!!) and Bajio
-seeing my inlaws... they drove 4 hrs just to see us!!!
-having lots of late-night girl talk with my Gramma Betty
-getting to see lots and lots of my cousins on both sides
-getting some moles cut off by uncle Greg (gross I know, but seriously a highlight)
-spending more time with the Postoians... Julia is OBSESSED with them
Thanks Grams and the Bryners for letting us crash at your places with all our crazy kiddos! And thanks Liss for all your help- I promise I won't be so useless next time:)
![]() |
| the new hair and my guy |
![]() | |
| Haha it's so funny to see them on this- I remember riding this when I was a little girl! |


![]() |
| After Jeff babysat the kids all night... what a trooper. |
![]() |
| BFF's |

![]() |
| Just some of the Marcum clan |
![]() |
| My cute grandparents and their first wedding cake ever:) |





