Sunday, September 30, 2012

4 Months!

I'm smitten. Straight up smitten. It's so crazy- I never wanted a boy. When I found out he was a boy, I was like- meh. Guess I'll have to get used to the idea. (Sad I know....) OH MY GOSH!!! I didn't realize how much love you have for your son... the mother-son bond is instant- it is so amazing. I remember being in the hospital alone with him that first night, and knowing my life would never be the same now that this boy was in it... I just am so incredibly grateful for him. I never knew a baby could be this sweet and good. People tell me all the time how lucky I am, what a good baby he is, and I totally know it. My pediatrician told me the other day "if I could've had kids as sweet as him, I would've had a whole football team!" Haha I totally agree! I am seriously thankful every single day. I am enjoying every minute of this kid, and every day that passes makes me sad because that just means he's getting bigger:(
 Ok sorry for all the mushy stuff... This month Quincy:
-learned to roll over (ha but can't get his arm out from under his tummy so he just ends up being so frustrated)
-loves to hear himself talk. You put your hand on his mouth and he'll get even louder:)
-has learned to deal with his big sister's "tough love." She could just squeeze the living daylights out of him (and sometimes she does) and he just sits there and takes it. Poor guy, his eyes and body just flinch when she comes around. But no one can get him to smile as big as she can... he already loves her a ton... I dunno why. I'd be terrified of her.
-laughed for the first time! Neither of my babies have been laughers, more just screamers when the get excited, so it was fun to hear his laugh.
-started sleeping through the night! I stopped swaddling him, he found his thumb, and tadah! Magic. He sure does love that thumb. It is his #1 go to for comfort... we have another thumb sucker in this house...
-still the drooliest guy I ever saw. I have to change his shirts from time to time because they are soaked past the belly button. Haha so gross.
He is just the happiest, sweetest, most kissable thing I have ever seen!
Love this guy to pieces...