Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Family Vacation

Wish I could say it feels nice to be home after being gone since July 4th, but really I just miss vacation and family! We have had such an amazing time... I don't even know where to start! I guess at the beginning...
so Julia and I left for California and hung out there for a few days with my parents. Melissa, her kids, and Brian flew in a few days later. We then all drove in a sweet RV that dad rented for our family vacation up to Utah/Idaho, etc. Christi's girls came with us, and it was a total blast! We left on Saturday and had to stop at JDawgs in Provo- Brian and Dad's favorite. Brian hadn't had it in two years and was in absolute hot dog heaven! Then we went on to Kaysville to hang with Grams Eynon and fam. Monday we left for Idaho, and the Marcum family reunion. It was so much fun to see everyone, we had a great turn out! We went to Blackfoot, ID where my mom is from- we played games, ate lots of good food, and just caught up with each other! Tuesday night we drove up to Island Park, ID where my parents rented this AMAZING cabin that we all stayed in. We all had our own beautiful bedroom, and the kids just had a total blast with each other. We RTV'd, rafted, hot tubbed, played games (including extreme croquet- the boys got way too into it...), went swimming in the hot springs, searched for huckleberries (unsuccessfully), ate lots of good food and ice cream, roasted mallows on a camp fire, shopped, saw lots of amazing things in Yellowstone National park- like Old Faithful, gorgeous waterfalls, tons of animals (elk, buffalo, moose... you name it...), and absolute breathtaking scenery. We had such a great time and I didn't want to leave that beautiful place. Saturday we spent the day in Rexburg, and converted Brian to our favorite place to eat there: Millhollow! It was such a great trip- of course it had its incidents- like Kirra eating Papa's medicine and flooding my bedroom, Dad's RV blooper, no air on the way home in 100+ degree weather: but the time spent together was priceless:)