Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break

During the beginning of March, Brian and I were able to go home to California for a nice spring break trip. We booked the flights all the way back when I was still working. Because of that, we only booked a flight for 4 days:( It wasn't nearly enough time for me, so I ended up staying for two more weeks after that! Brian unfortunately had to go back to school, but we were able to do a lot of fun things while he was there.
We were really worried, we weren't sure how I was going to do because I had recently just started feeling a little better. However, I got really lucky. I felt pretty good the whole time I was there! It was so nice to start feeling better, I really wanted to enjoy my time home- and I sure did!
We got there late Friday night- and it was just go go go after that! Saturday my niece MaKayla got baptized... it was so fun to see her in her white dress, such a cool experience for her! Uncle Jeff baptized her- she had to be baptized 3 times because her dress kept coming up out of the water, but she was a good sport about it. The joke of the night was that now she was extra extra clean! Brian got to confirm her, he thought that was really neat... we are so lame though, we totally forgot our camera!
Sunday we went to Brian's mom's for the day- she made a really good dinner (as always)and the family just hung around and chatted for hours. It was really nice to catch up with everyone... it's so hard being so far away, you just don't get to spend enough time with everyone!
Monday we had bunches of fun... Melissa spoiled us and took us to the zoo! It was so much fun- The 3 of us and her 2 babies went for a few hours, and it just wasn't nearly enough time! It was so fun to play at the zoo with Tavin- he is so funny, and so much fun to be around (when he's being nice!)His favorite things were the panda bears and the elephants... oh and probably the snakes, even though he thought they were all mean snakes. That night we celebrated Delani's 5th birthday- it was so much fun to spend time together as a family... it's just so hard being this far away!
It was such a bummer that Brian had to leave, but I still had so much fun with my family after he left! It was so fun to get spoiled, and to spend time with my fam. 2 weeks was just not enough time! I'm already planning my next trip, and will definitely have to make it longer next time:)