Sunday, June 26, 2011

NC with the BFF

Memorial weekend was amazing... I got to spend it with my BFF!! Thursday night we drove to White Lake in North Carolina and spent 3 fun-filled days with the Drapers (William had just gotten off his mission like 2 days before!) It was so great to be able to see everyone, and to just get to spend time with Whitney Louise and talk and talk (especially about babies, since she's having one in December!:) Oh and Julia was in little girl heaven! They had a ski boat, bikes, a little sandy beach, plenty of water to swim in, and can you say toys??? They had everything imaginable including a huge slide castle and kitchen which Julia was in love with. She had a blast! Brian and I were in heaven too- Whit and Devon introduced us to a glorious place called Melvins. Umm we may have gone there more than once it was that good. I can totally see now why Whitney has wanted me to go to NC with her for the past 15 years. It is gorgeous there! The weekend was way too short- we didn't want to leave! Thanks Drapers and Glassmans (and Brocks too!:) We'll come back anytime! Haha.
Sunday night we headed to Savannah, GA since Brian and I had never seen it before. Holy cow it is so cool! Totally unlike anything I have ever seen before- the city's formed around what used to be the cotton exchange back in the day. It seriously feels like you stepped into 1800 down there. So cool! And the shops and houses were amazing. We were in love! Julia was not. Let's just say it's not the most kid friendly place. Next time Brian and I go, it will be kid free for sure- haha. It was really neat to see though. Monday (Memorial Day) we started to head home, but not before we got a good beach day in at a place we've been wanting to try out- Ponte Vedra. So pretty! It was such a jam-packed weekend, and we had a wonderful time! Thanks again everyone!!!