Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Keys with Ma and Pa

Wow. I have a lot of blogging to catch up on. Brian told me that's what he wants for Father's day, so hunny here you go- I'm catching up! I'll try to keep them shorter than usual- I have a lot of them to do!
The beginning of May, my parents came to visit. Unfortunately they were only here for a short time- but we for sure made the most of it! We headed down to the Keys for the few days they were here- my parents had only been to Key West, so they've always wanted to see the other less inhabited ones. Brian and I went 2 years ago, and loved them! So we decided to stay on the island Marathon and had a blast exploring that island and the surrounding ones. Some of the highlights were going to the beach and snorkeling, watching crazy people run a super long race through the Keys (while we sat on a boat under 7 mile bridge. Why are hard-core runners so nuts?) Shopping in Key West (and eating the most monstrous and delicious cookies I ever had), deep sea fishing (even though we only caught one fish- haha sorry Dad... that was probably the most expensive fish of your life!) Eating good food(why is that always in my posts?:)- like Brian and my favorite pizza place in Miami, Andiamos. Another new favorite of mine was on the island Marathon- The Island Fish Co. overlooking the harbor... so good! We went to the turtle hospital (Dad's favorite for sure hahaha), swam in the pool and enjoyed the beautiful scenery (hey my family, can you believe it? Mom swam in the pool multiple times! It was the best!!!!) and checked out all the local surroundings (oh my gosh the MOST amazing boats and houses ever!). After our long drive home, we only had 1 more day with them. We went to church, and since Dad is always wanting to see gators when he comes to Florida, we took him to Paynes Prairie. He saw all the gators he could have ever wanted! Thanks Mom and Dad for all the fun times! Love you guys a bunch!