Thursday, March 17, 2011

Jules

I realized I haven't done an update on Julsies for a long time, so I decided to post a little about what she's been up to lately.
-Julia loves her stupid blankie more than life itself! I'm so worried we'll loose her soul mate that I've tried SEVERAL replacements, but she's no dummy. I spent hours looking online (because they don't make hers anymore), and found one that looked the same. She wasn't fooled. It took her like 3 minutes... she was looking at it, holding it, smelling it, and then started sobbing. She knew! (We now call the other blankie "impostor." See it below...)
-She still isn't talking a whole bunch... she's now in speech. They say socially, she is totally fine. She just doesn't talk a whole lot! She totally thinks she's talking, but she just doesn't make any sense!
-She is OBSESSED with Chick-fil-a! Every time we drive by, she shouts! Chi! Chi! Chi! And has the hugest meltdowns when we don't go.
-Julia has become a big time screamer. She screams when she is super excited, and screams when she is really mad. I feel one way or the other, she is constantly screaming.
-Still a big time Momma's girl
-She is out of control when it comes to costumed characters. She has always been crazy about them, but it has even gotten worse! She chases them around, stalks them, and screams her head off when they leave.
-Her favorite things to play with are doll houses, but really just the furniture in them. Oh and pretend food and plates, pots, silverware, etc.
-Loves to go on walks and hunt for cats. She could spend hours outside on her kitty hunts.
-Is still a walking giant. She hasn't slowed down at all since she was born- still off the charts. She's taller than all two year olds and a lot of 3 year olds (she wears 3t.) I think a lot of people wonder why that giant kid can't say anything... but she's only 19 mos!
-Loves to dance! Dad always puts on Justin Bieber and they get their boogie on.
-She loves to color, especially on things she know she shouldn't. She'll wait until she thinks I'm not looking, and color on something. She also has gotten very mischievous. She's mastered the "hide something behind your back so Mom and Dad don't think you have anything" thing. When it gets really quiet, we'll go check on her and walk in on her doing something really naughty somewhere. Haha she gets so scared when we find her, I don't know if she thinks she's going to get in trouble or what? So funny.
-I love that I can communicate with her now. It is so much fun when kids can start to understand you, and you can understand them. I love it.