The summer before I met Brian, my friend Robyn invited me to go out with her and some of her friends to waitress there. It was one of the best summers of my life. It was bunches of fun- living on the beach, meeting lots of new people, and making a lot of money... but living quarters were just a little too tight. Imagine 6 hormonal girls living in a studio apartment! Going back with your husband is 800 gazillion times better. It was so fun to spend a few days there- lie on the beach, ride bikes, eat good food, and just spend time as a family. It is one of the most peaceful places... I could live there forever. We also went to Destin, Pensacola, and Gulf Shores, Alabama too. (We went all the way out there to eat at one of Brian's favorite places, Lamberts. Well worth the drive!) It was a blast, and I am counting down the days until I can convince Brian to take me there again!
Oh and a little 9 month update:
-Julia is afraid of EVERYONE but mom and dad. She'll cry if anyone even talks to her! What a baby.
-got super sick, had a temperature, and started barfing her brains out one afternoon.
-still not crawling... satisfied with the "army crawl" for now.
-pulled herself up on the bed for the first time
-fell off the bed for the first time
-hit and bit me, shakes her head "no no" at me all day long... whoever says this stuff is taught is way wrong. She totally came out that way.
-LOVES the water! She is now obsessed with it. She loves playing in the water, and doesn't even care when it drenches her face. She'd play in the bath, the ocean, the pool, all day long if I let her.
-is our little comedian. She loves to make us laugh. I just can't get enough of her... the end.