Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Binkie Monster

Oh my goodness time is flying by! I look at the clock every day and I am constantly shocked by the time. Where does it go? I still can't accomplish much during the day, but I'm sure that will come eventually. I'm just enjoying spending the whole day with my baby girl. She is already changing and getting so big! We are learning all sorts of things about Julia. Like she loves to eat! She never stops- I have to end meal time after about an hour. If I let her, she eats until she throws up! She is such drama when she's hungry, or thinks she's hungry. She totally has Brian fooled- he thinks if she whines we need to feed her. Boy, she already has him wrapped around her finger.
We call her "the binkie monster" because she loves it so much. I was so against it the whole time I was pregnant, I had read so much negative stuff about pacifiers. The second night in the hospital though, she had a breakdown and we couldn't figure out what else to do to make her happy! The nurse finally convinced me to try the binkie... lifesaver! I promise though she won't be one of those two year olds walking around with a pacifier in her mouth:)
She has a hilarious stink face- it seems she always has a scowl on her face. Daddy has the same one though... she looks so much like him! She is a very happy girl, she sleeps so well at nights (hallelujah!) and just loves to listen and observe everything. She loves to go on walks and just be outside anywhere- she is so content when she's outdoors. We are loving everything about her...
Recovery is going slow but good, but my emotions are driving me nuts! The first few days I thought I was a psycho, and just yesterday I had a cry baby break down in the grocery store. After my mom left, we were sitting eating dinner and a Walmart commercial came on about a mom taking her daughter to college. The mom walks out to leave, and the daughter runs out to hug her and say goodbye. I don't know what it was, but I was sitting there sobbing while eating my dinner. I missed my mom so much! I'll be glad when these emotions get back to normal... so will Brian:)
Other than that, things are great here. Brian started school yesterday, so it was the first time I was left alone with baby for an extended period of time. I was lucky to have mom and him here for the first little while- but luckily he has a pretty easy load this semester, so he'll be able to be here with us a lot. Well, Brian's convinced she is hungry again... so I better wrap this up. She's gonna weigh 50 pounds by her first birthday at this rate!!! We'll write more next week!