It's great to be out of the cold and enjoying the warmth of the south. I'm working at a family owned sporting goods store here, which I love, while Brian is going to school to get his masters in plants and weeds (Agronomy, I guess it's officially called). Don't ask me to give more detail on that, I just smile and nod when he starts talking about it. "Thats a nice healthy monoculture of Tifway bermuda grass..." These are the sorts of things I hear all the time. But he absolutely loves it, so I guess that's all that really matters. We'll be here about another 2 years and some odd months- which I am pretty excited about. I see living out here as an adventure... one I don't mind having as long as it ends back in California! We are really happy to be out here. We are loving the weather, the people, everyone in the south is so friendly! We are especially loving the ward out here! It really does feel like home away from home. I have never been in a more friendly ward- I love it.
We already have made lots of friends who we have lots in common with, since most everyone in our ward is a starving student just like us! Since the church in the south is small, they keep us very busy. I am assigned to help out on the enrichment committee, the compassionate service committee, I'm a visiting teaching supervisor, and Brian and I are over ward choir nursery (which is really like 20 kids anywhere from ages 1 to 12- it's crazy... every week there are several wrestling matches we have to break up...) and we are in the nursery. We come home from church on Sundays wondering if the Sabbath is really a day of rest, but we love it.Rachel